Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Mimi Visit


Mimi came for a visit last week and just left today. We love when she's here and hate when she leaves! Hunter had a great time playing with her and unfortunately was asleep when we dropped her off at the airport this afternoon so he has been asking for her all day. When we got home he went to the stairs and yelled "Mimi, where are you?". :(

She babysat on Sunday night so AJ and I could go on a date night for Valentine's Day. We went to the new Vince Young Steakhouse downtown which is actually converted into a restaurant from the house where MTV's Real World was filmed when they were here several years ago. Ambiance - pretty cool. Food - okay. We'd go back but it's definitely not our favorite restaurant in Austin. I did get a picture with Vince though, so that probably is influencing my opinion a little bit! Unfortunately it was dark and the pic is blurry so it didn't really turn out.


On Valentine's Day Hunter had a menu full of hearts - heart shaped red velvet pancakes for breakfast, heart shaped grilled chese for lunch and heart shaped pizza for dinner. The pancakes were kind of a bust, but I love experimenting with new things and coming up with some lasting traditions for him to look forward to.

As I've previously written, Hunter loves pushing buttons. Today he said probably one of his most complete sentences yet as I was putting something in the microwave - "Hunter push the five button". Later, he did it as he was sitting at the computer with me - "Hunter push the N button". It makes me a little sad that he is growing up so fast and I won't have little baby phrases to gush over too much longer. I need to get the video camera out and just tape him talking so I can remember his sweet little phrases!

No comments: