Wednesday, May 13, 2009

So big!

I looked back over my past few posts and it is hard to believe how big Hunter is getting already and how much he has changed! Here is a more recent picture that cracks me up because it looks like he is just lounging on the couch like a big guy, and super cute one I couldn't resist posting of Hunter and AJ.

I took him to the Dr. yesterday to get his weight checked and he is up to 7 lbs 7.5 oz! He is growing up so fast already. We were pleased with his weight gain - he is 4 weeks old now - but Dr. Terwelp found a heart murmur that he wants to get checked out. These apparently aren't all that uncommon in newborns but due to his size and the fact that he is a preemie, he is sending is sending us to a pediatric cardiologist to be on the safe side. I am trying to stay positive and hope that this is just a common murmur and nothing more. I will be sure to post an update.

Whitney was here to visit the weekend before last, so last week was my first week home without any help and I think I am doing pretty well. :) My mom made a ton of food and froze it for us before she left and we are still enjoying that so I guess I'm not totally on my own yet! I am loving being at home with him and being a mommy. Hunter is still eating about every 2-3 hours, but last night he went for 4 hours in between feedings one time and boy, does that extra hour make a HUGE difference. I felt like I was on vacation!

We went on one outing this week to meet AJ for lunch and then Hunter and I went to Babies R Us to get a couple of things for his room. I still am wary of germs, but I am able to put his carrier/carseat in his stroller and totally cover him up where the hoods of the carrier and stroller come together, so I did that and felt okay about it. He did a pretty good job and it is nice to get out of the house with him.

Here is a pic of Hunter and proud Aunt Whitney! I will post more after our Dr. appointment tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eek! Sorry to hear that you have to go see the cardiologist. Sending you lots of happy vibes that it is just a typical murmur. :) kara

Anonymous said...

He is getting so big. Love the pics. Pray that there is nothing wrong at the dr. appointment.
hugs and kisses
joanne