Friday, March 19, 2010

Baby dates and new foods

Last weekend Hunter, Andrew and I went to the Zilker Park Balloon Festival. It was the perfect day for it - just enough wind. There were a ton of people there but it was so fun seeing all of the pretty kites on the Austin skyline! It was chilly when we left in the morning and got up to about 80 that day so Hunter changed from long sleeves and jeans to a t-shirt and shorts throughout the day and was lathered up in sunscreen. I, however, forgot about myself and still have a lovely farmers tan on my arms that has finally faded from bright red to a more pinkish shade. :)

This week we went to Babytime at the Round Rock Library with Sara and Sally. Sally is 6 months old and is such a little cutie. He hasn't been around that many girls as it seems like most of our friends had boys last year, so it was cute to see them flirting with each other. :)

He tried a couple of new foods this week. Scrambled eggs started out not so great but ended up being a hit. Today he tried cottage cheese mixed with blueberries. He took about 4 bites and actually started crying when I was trying to get him to eat more! That is the first time he's really rejected a food. I told him I don't blame him - I don't like cottage cheese either. :) He's only had both once so we'll see how he fares with them in the future.

No comments: