Monday, October 10, 2011

Texas State Fair

We took a family roadtrip to Dallas this weekend. Hunter and I went to the Texas State Fair while AJ was at the Texas/OU football game, which is inside the fairgrounds. Hunter got to see a dog show, go to the petting zoo, see some livestock, listen to a storytime and rode some rides.

I definitely learned a few lessons regarding navigating a fair of this size for next time, but the most important thing is that Hunter had a good time. I had planned on trying to miss the majority of the crowd as much as I could, going in after the game started and leaving before it ended, which didn't really work out as I had planned, but it ended up being okay for us in the end because we were still there when AJ got out of the game so he could ride some rides with him. It didn't even cross my mind that I couldn't go on the little kiddie rides with him being pregnant, but they wouldn't even let me on the carousel so it all worked out well in the end. I had also planned on trying some crazy fried fair food but ended up only having a funnel cake. Better luck next year!

I forgot my real camera at home, so I only had my iPhone to take pictures, but still managed to get a few.


No comments: