Tuesday, August 14, 2012

6 months!

Good morning!  I am 6 months old today!

I feel like at the beginning of every new month my blogs start out the same way.....I can't believe that (insert child name here) is already (insert month/year) old!  But seriously....HOW is my sweet little baby already half of a year old?  This is crazy and I seriously don't like how fast time is going by one bit!

Cole turned 6 months on the 10th but his well check was today and it went great!  According me to, that is...if he was able to talk he would probably have a different opinion.  This little guy is so sad when he has to get shots.  Hunter has (no kidding) had times when he hasn't cried at all or barely even let out a little peep.  Cole, on the other hand, turns purple and screams to the point where it sounds like he is hyperventilating.  Poor little guy. :(

His official stats are:  25.5 inches long (25th%) and 16 lbs, 14 oz (30th%).  I was actually surprised that he was this proportionate because his little legs are so chunky to me!  Other than his shots, his appointment was great.  He is a healthy, growing boy!

Check out my chunky legs!

He is at a really fun age.  Over the past few days he has FINALLY decided that it is acceptable to be on his stomach and rolled from back to front.  Up until now he would just twist himself into a little pretzel but wouldn't complete the roll.  He's sitting up in small bursts by himself but still needs to have someone really close by to catch him when he starts to topple over.  We started rice cereal on Saturday and he really seemed to like it!  He slept until 5:30am that night but was back up to his old tricks and up again at 2 the next night.  He loves playing with his feet and is generally a happy baby all around.  He likes to sit/play/jump in his Baby Einstein jumper and just take in all of the daily craziness around here.  He is very interested in what is going on around him.  He still loves Hunter and I know I'm really going to be in for it when he becomes mobile because you can already tell he just wants to go after him!  He loves to hear his own voice....he babbles/coos a lot and likes to blow razzberries.  He's also really ticklish and it doesn't take much silliness to make him laugh. He's really good for your self-esteem. :)

Who needs toys when you have feet??

Rice cereal is pretty yummy!

All done!

I took a few pictures to document his half-birthday and have a few favorites that show him off. :)







Happy 6 months to my baby!

No comments: