Sunday, August 19, 2012

What we've been up to

I feel like I've been slacking at updating my blog lately.  I also feel like we've had a lot going on but for some reason there isn't really much to show for it!

AJ's mom came in for a week last week to celebrate his birthday.  We had a fun little party for him while she was here.  Hunter's t-ball season wrapped up last weekend.  While we really enjoyed it, I can't say that I'm sad to see it end. :)  However, it was fun and super cute while it lasted and I'm so happy he had that experience.  I think maybe next year we will try it out in the Spring to beat the heat a little bit.  Cole can finally wear sunscreen so we tested out the pool about a week ago.  He seemed to like it but was over it after about 30-45 minutes.

While it hasn't been nearly as hot as last year, it's still summertime in Texas.  We've had some playdates with friends but only a few that I got pictures of.  One of which was a petting zoo at a local toy store here in Round Rock, the other was a tour of a new restaurant/bakery in Austin, Blue Baker, which was so fun.  The kids got a piece of their dough to make their own bread creation then they baked it for you and you were able to pick it up later that day.












Next week we start swimming lessons and then Hunter's first day of preschool the first week of September!

Oh yeah...shameless plug for my new Discovery Toys business I started this month!  I'm really excited to get started and my boys are really excited that I have all sorts of new, fun, educational toys for them to get in to. :)  If you're reading this and want to know more, ask me!

www.discoverytoys.com/kristinjohnson


No comments: