Thursday, May 31, 2012

Indy trip

We have had a busy and fun week!  We went home (I still call it home :)) to Indiana last week.  It was Cole's first plane ride and my first time home since Thanksgiving due to the end of my pregnancy and Cole being so young.  Needless to say, it was great to be home.  My mom and Brad moved into a new house since we've been there, so Hunter had a good time checking the place out.  He had his own room stocked with toys, coloring books, and other things to keep him busy so he thought that was pretty cool.
 AJ had a Dell event almost every day for the Indy 500 so we kept busy while he was gone.

We went to Rushville to visit Grandma/Great-Granny.


We went to the Children's Museum to check out the new Hot Wheels exhibit.





(I had to post this one....every time I see the gentleman's expression in the background I laugh...) 




Hunter LOVED this.  He wore himself out and had so much fun.  They have a fabulous Children's Museum in Indianapolis.  We really only got through two parts of it and breezed through one more in the 4ish hours we were there.

And of course, we finally got to meet my precious nephew!  Will and Cole are only 2 weeks apart and it was so cute to see how they reacted to each other.  I really think they liked being around someone their own size. :)

First night meeting...I love all of the smiles in the background!





AJ and I got a little "date day" and went to the Indy 500 while the boys stayed at home.  I wouldn't call myself a race fan, but growing up in Indiana, the 500 is definitely a big deal.  The Indy 500 is "the race" and the Indianapolis Motor Speedway is "the track" and anyone knows what you are referring to just by these vague titles.  Even being in Texas, I still find myself watching the race and getting excited about it.  Anyway, Dell and Intel had a suite at the race and we were fortunate enough to be a part of it and it was truly a great experience.  They had unusual heat in Indy that that - it was over 90 degrees - we we were lucky that we had the option to be inside if we wanted to.  Our suite was in the main Pagoda tower right on the start/finish line and it was so cool!




Here are the boys hanging out with Mimi -



We had such a great time.  The boys were both great on the plane, which is saying something since we were delayed several hours both times.  I can't wait to go back!





No comments: